OK, next time Im gonna chibi him a bit brit style!
Thats either a bigger head or a smaller body to make him look much younger and make him look less "stoned" But I like the fact he is skinny but he maybe too tall, though probably tallest of the friends. I gave him bags under eyes to look like Frank and Lens though I may not need to outline those. Oh yeah, his insignia are his demonic wings, when he is in mortal apperance they just look like an illustration on the back of his hoodie. However in his mortal disguise he can still spread his wings from his back for flight or shielding.
Anyway info on my Ruby Gloom OC, thats A LOT I written down, it's pretty long. TL;DR? Thats OK check it in your own time.
He is based mostly from my original game idea "Rising Demon Chronicles" where the head character is based after me. The purpose of this OC is more to imagine myself in Gloomsville than just an original character. since originally Colin in RDC looks, acts and is named after me.
Anyway, if I
in the cartoons this is how it would go:
Misery finds a mausoleum in the graveyard with only a sword locked in a box. The sword talks and Misery befriends it eventually introducing it with the others and consider ways to help Colin be free while he communicates with dry wit and is used as a doorstop, though spend most time in Miserys company.
Colin's sword is called the Harbinger.[link]
if you dunno what a Mausoleum is.
After months as a sword, a spell to break the seal will be discoverd somehow and Colin will be freed from the Harbinger . He takes his mortal form yet lies to his friends on being a demon since he fears once Ruby or her friends find out he is actually a demon, they would reject and fear him, that and if demons know he is awake they would pose a threat to his friends. As time goes by he gets depressed and Misery who knows depression, saw him as a demon. He promised to keep his secret but Kurs, the evil doppleganger of Colin harms her but others thought that Colin, who is a demon hurt her.
Misery comes around and fills them in on the details and get Colin back.
Your probably thinking that such a dramatic character could destroy the lovely care free spirited world of Ruby Gloom. Well as I said his role is more for imagination purpose of both fiction writting and just how I see myself in Gloomsville. In a way his fan-existance is a pun on the concept of out of place OCs as his depression is caused by the fact he is dramatically different.
If the cartoons wanted him (I doubt so) Id have to turn it down since I enjoy the cartoons as they are. However he can be carefree and happy which he would thank Ruby and her friends for, such a she is happy to have found a family.
Heres some facts on him:
* He likes being barefoot and sometimes takes off his hoodie, wearing a black t-shirt with different illustration everytime.
* He consider the Mausoleum his bedroom which is usually very cold that he doesn't seem to notice. He reads tomes on magic.
* He practice magic now and again such as controlling weather or shooting blue fireballs.
* He's not much of an alchemist but it's more of a hobby and sometimes through alchemy makes effective medicine for Misery.
* Misery♥Colin, she was the first to help him out of the Mausoleum and kept him in her room until he was free from the sword. when Colin doubts himself over good or bad due to being a demon, she reassures him when he doubts, she knows he has a good heart.
* Colin also believe Misery has potential in controlling magic and teaches her how to defend herself from her own badluck (such as controlling and redirect lightning.)
* He practice swordskills and sometimes let Iris come along on his adventures.
* Not too fond of BooBoo, they get along but he finds him annoying (My personal oppinion) but he does teach him effective fear tactics even though he sometimes go overboard.
* He secretly likes to sing, especially alternative-metal and Grunge, but hates to strain his voice.
* Love of chocolate.
Plus the reason I choose a "demon" is because when I make an OC based after me, I prefer neccisary details and I feel like an old git most of the time. I know I am crushing on Misery so as a demon it's not really his fault if he is centuries old and has the ability to appear neccisary ages to socialise. Another reason why I chose a demon is because I hardly known any "Rising Demons" or demons of a good nature in any religious texts, are all demons bad out of consideration? Not really fair... But I am Atheist so I don't dwell on it too much...
Colin (Rising Demon Chronicles)